Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 2



























This week we discussed how the family is a social system. In a family, each person plays a role and is interrelated and interdependent on each other. Within this system there are subsystems such as parental, spouse. Every family has their own rules and boundaries. There can be rigid boundaries to hardly any boundaries within a family. It is essential to create a homeostasis, in other words to seek a balance between stability and change in family relationships. The healthy family relationships are determinded by a family's system. Do the parents have a stronger relationship with their child than with their spouse? What is my role within my family and what kind of relationship do I have within the subsystems of my family (such as siblings, parents and spouse.) The most important subsystem is the marital subsystem because it is the foundation of a strong family system. By creating a family system it is easier to identify patterns and how can a family improve and create more cohesion.


While studying the family systems theory it reminded me of the circumplex model and how similar it is in how family might interact. I just thought I would share it.



No comments:

Post a Comment