Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Communication

Communication is one of the most complicated fragments of a relationship. One of the reasons why it is complex is because communication is not always so clear. There is symbolic interaction, static, and making assumptions that block that channel for us to encode messages. For example, I could say one thing and it could mean something completely different to someone else. Research has shown that the accurate communication of feelings is as complicated and as subject to distortion as the communication of ideas. From past experiences I always double check to make sure that I’m on the same page with the person that I’m talking too.  Non verbal communication is even more powerful verbal communication. In other words, actions speak louder than words. It is the quality of communication not the quantity.
A key element of communicating is listening. Listening is a very unselfish act because you are focusing on the person’s thoughts and feelings and putting aside your own for a moment. There have times when I didn’t listen and it squelched the relationship because I only thought about what I wanted to say and do.  In the future I’ll be making decisions with my future my spouse and there is a possibility that we could disagree on a major decision. When making major decision involve the Heaven Father in the process. We may come to an agreement but the best thing to do is take into account what the lord has in store for our future and families. By letting the lord influence us is opens opportunities and possibilities that we couldn’t have imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment