Sunday, March 25, 2012

Work and Family

Work and Home
            It’s fascinating to see how the impact work has on families. Work can be good if there is a balance. There is usually an imbalance when both parents are working in the home. The father originally was the main provider but we are seeing a shift in our society mothers are starting to provide as well. The main question is: should mothers be in the work force? I am not in favor because overall it will do more damage than good to the family. The family is out of homeostasis because mom is not there for her family or home. Some might argue that creating a second income will bring in more money, resources and will be good for the family but realistically it requires financial support just maintain the second career. Because the wife is working there are more expenses such as day care, gas/travel, fast food and etc. When it comes right down to it, it’s better for the mother to stay home and raise her children than to have stranger taking care of them.
Some women might be part of the work force because of status, social, and a reason to get out of the house or a feeling of independence. Women that come home from work refer to it as the taking on a “second shift” because their work is never done. They still have to clean, do laundry, make dinner, and take care of their family. Because the mother might feel over worked this could put a strain on the family. There is a feeling of independence instead a feeling of unity when both parents are working. I’m grateful for the sacrifices that my mother made for our family by being a stay home mom. There is no doubt that when my mom stayed home it created more unity in our family. I want to do the same for my future family. My family is one of my main priorities and a career comes later. By being a homemaker it doesn’t mean that I want to swap my mind for a mop. I want to do what is best for families and getting an education and being there for them will create stability with in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment